The Ironclad black sharpening steel is crafted from high quality German steel. That's the good stuff.
The surface of the steel is a 'No. 3 Cut'. For those less familiar with the language, this is a general purpose sharpening texture, or "etch". A No. 3 Cut is coarse enough to tackle even the dullest blade in your kitchen.
We chose black steel for three critical reasons.
- Black steel holds its etch longer than traditional chrome-plated steel, so you'll notice less drag when sharpening.
- Black steel won't rust.
- Black is a colour commonly associated with Ninjas, so it makes sense that black steel would be the go-to sharpening steel for Ninjas. And everyone knows that Ninjas are blade experts.
The Shear Edge handle is a tight matrix of highly engineered wool fibres that make up 70% of the volume. This means the handle is much lighter, stronger and more sustainable than traditional plastic.
+ DETAILY BITS
- Weight - approximately the size of a large pear (330g)
- 250mm steel length
- 130mm handle length
- Hand-made in Aotearoa, New Zealand
- Made with our friends at Bloore & Pillar