Create fresh and delicious homemade tortillas and tacos in no time with the Avanti Tortilla Press. Designed to evenly press a ball of masa (specially ground cornmeal dough) into flat discs for cooking, it is deal for creating delicious quesadilla, fajitas, enchiladas, and salad wraps from scratch. Made with cast aluminum, this traditional press is sturdy, durable and offers excellent leverage—so a light press easily transforms a ball of masa into even flat, ready-to-cook tortilla discs.
Creates 20cm diameter tortilla
Durable cast aluminum construction
Evenly presses dough into flat discs
Easy to use
USE & CARE
Easy to use, place a rolled up a ball of dough in the centre of the press. Close the top and firmly press down with the lever to flatten. Flip the tortilla and repeat.
To clean, wipe with damp or dry cloth. DO NOT use abrasive cleaners or scourers.
1. Place 1 square of parchment paper on the base plate. On top of the paper place one ball of dough the size of a golf ball.
2. Place the other square of paper over the dough.
3. Lower the top plate on to the dough.
4. Firmly press down with the handle
5. Grab both sheets of butcher paper with the tortilla in between and flip it over.
6. Press the tortilla a second time. Notice how the tortilla has extended and is more evenly shaped.
7. Gently peel the tortilla away from the waxed paper. Your tortilla is now ready to cook